The Survey Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating all survey projects, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget and acts as an adviser to the surveying team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
TorcSill Foundations is the premier global provider of engineered helical pile and anchor solutions to clients in a broad range of markets. Helical piles, also known as helical piers and screw piles, are a proven foundation solution ideal for energy, industrial, and commercial applications.
- Managing large land surveying projects for oil & gas and industrial developments
- Working with field survey crews and office technicians to develop a high-performing team
- Creating relationships with clients and managing projects to meet schedule and budget goals
- Collaborating with staff in multiple offices to accomplish complex, fast-paced projects
- Strong ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prepare survey scopes and cost estimates for wind and solar projects.
- Review work performed by survey technicians in AutoCAD
- Implementing project specific Safety and Quality Control protocols
- Establishes project goals and oversees the QA/QC process
Education and Experience
- Must be a Licensed Professional Land Surveyor.
- 5 plus years of project management experience is preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office
- Comprehensive knowledge of ALTA’s, Boundary, Topographic and Construction surveying is required
- Good managerial and communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Ability to pass a full background screening and drug screening.
- Ability to pass a physical ability test.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule (including overtime and weekend projects, as needed).
- Ability to travel for projects, as needed, including overnight travel.
- Ability to communicate with customers and their representatives, including facility owners, subcontractors and field support staff on consistent basis.
- Financial budgeting, planning, administration, conflict resolution, and negotiation experience is a plus.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, stand, walk, talk and hear.
This position exists within a heavy construction environment, including hot, noisy, and wet conditions. This position requires constant walking throughout, plants or facilities, lifting and carrying of tools and equipment exceeding 50 pounds. Within the construction site environment, there is constant potential exposure to hazards including noise, rotating equipment, electricity, confined spaces, climbing, working in positions above
and under equipment, working at heights in excess of four (4) feet, throughout and outside of the facility. Safety toe shoes are required, and other personal protective equipment may be required depending on work assignments.
This position is important to the overall effective operations of the organization and contributes to the overall achievement of the organization’s established quality objectives. This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.