The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of projects with direct responsibility for mechanical/industrial project execution (equipment change outs, retrofits, upgrades, new installations), while leading a team to accomplish specific objectives. The Project Manager will also have knowledge of civil construction industry and may be responsible for developing and training employees under their supervision.
TorcSill Foundations is the premier global provider of engineered helical pile and anchor solutions to clients in a broad range of markets. Helical piles, also known as helical piers and screw piles, are a proven foundation solution ideal for energy, industrial, and commercial applications.
- Establish project objectives, policies, and performance standards within the boundaries and structure of corporate policies in place.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with the ability to proficiently and successfully manage a project from estimating turnover to close-out.
- Maintain project financials, forecasting, and overall profitability while protecting the company’s interest and simultaneously maintaining an exceptional relationship with the client.
- Advise senior management of overall project progress and critical issues impacting schedule and/or financials.
- Scoping, negotiating and writing of subcontract agreements.
- Manage owner progress invoicing, subcontractor / vendor payments, and risk mitigation requirements (COI’s, lien waivers, etc.).
- Manage day to day project requirements such as timely procurement and submittals, RFIs, production and tracking.
- Timely completion and close out of projects.
- Plans and analyzes assigned projects and responsible for timely completion of mechanical projects and customer satisfaction addressing complaints and resolving problems as needed.
- Collects data and information from the customer, complies scope, equipment specification, project schedule and estimate.
- Supports sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposal clarifications.
- Manage a team of up to ten craft professionals and technicians on each project.
- Responsible for project profitability by managing labor costs, project schedules and controlling expenses.
- Responsible for change orders by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Creates and revises project schedule.
- Oversees equipment, materials, subcontractor and vendor orders, recording receipts and approving payment.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective actions and communicating with customers and staff.
- Meets with contractors and customers to discuss project scope, budget, schedule and maintains accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Obtains acceptance and timely sign off on the project by customer.
- Ensures compliance with internal contracting processes and ensures quality standards are maintained for all projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management (or related), or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years’ experience working on commercial/industrial projects – Civil/ Structural / Mechanical.
- Experience running projects ranging from $1mm to $10mm+
- Knowledge of surveying techniques and structural steel fabrication.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with team members on all levels.
- Understanding and familiarity with multiple delivery methods.
- Experience working on one or more of the following projects a plus: Petrochemical expansion, Petrochemical green field construction, upstream Oil and Gas projects, government, hi-tech, hospitality, healthcare, or multi-family.
- Experience and knowledge of AWS a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of heavy equipment a plus.
- Demonstrate a high level of performance in project budgeting, contract negotiations and scheduling.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time in various stages of construction.
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Ability to pass a full background screening and drug screening.
- Ability to pass a physical ability test.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule (including overtime and weekend projects, as needed).
- Ability to travel for projects, as needed, including overnight travel.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in contracting processes associated with the installation of mechanical / industrial projects and managing subcontractors.
- Ability to communicate with customers and their representatives, including facility owners, subcontractors and field support staff on consistent basis.
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and O&M submittals.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints, topographical drawings, schematics, surveys, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals and equipment specifications
- Financial budgeting, planning, administration, conflict resolution, and negotiation experience is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in using project management tools such as Microsoft Projects, Excel and Gantt Charts
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, stand, walk, talk and hear.
This position exists within a heavy construction environment, including hot, noisy, and wet conditions. This position requires constant walking throughout, plants or facilities, lifting and carrying of tools and equipment exceeding 50 pounds. Within the construction site environment, there is constant potential exposure to hazards including noise, rotating equipment, electricity, confined spaces, climbing, working in positions above and under equipment, working at heights in excess of four (4) feet, throughout and outside of the facility. Safety toe shoes are required, and other personal protective equipment may be required depending on work assignments.
This position is important to the overall effective operations of the organization and contributes to the overall achievement of the organization’s established quality objectives. This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.