The Business Development Manager is responsible for building market position by locating, developing, and closing business deals and relationships. The position will create, build, and maintain client relationships while sponsoring interaction to obtain projects by promoting TorcSill’s turnkey integrated engineering, manufacturing and construction services. The role assists in developing and facilitating the proposal process for specific clients/sponsors, including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, and client presentations. A successful BDM will be highly motivated and proficient in technical presentations and solutions development.
TorcSill Foundations is the premier global provider of engineered helical pile and anchor solutions to clients in a broad range of markets. Helical piles, also known as helical piers and screw piles, are a proven foundation solution ideal for energy, industrial, and commercial applications.
- Screen potential new and existing business deals through analyzing current market strategies, business potential, financials, and deal requirements.
- Lead presentations to groups of all sizes within the targeted customer base.
- Assist in formulating standard/routine proposals in conjunction with team members and various functional groups.
- Assist in developing a budget and price estimate using standard models.
- Assist other business development associates in developing project plans, defining roles and responsibilities and the scope of work for each project with input from sponsors, project leaders, principal investigators and functional groups.
- Draft the narrative that ties the project components together and package and assist in presenting the proposal to the sponsoring agency.
- Communicate back to internal groups the outcome of the negotiations/proposals focusing on conveying the expectations set forth for each group, i.e. clear details, critical time frames and expectations.
- Collaborate with the operations finance group to evaluate project performance and to recommend refinements and improvements of all components of proposals.
- Track and report on the status of all proposal components.
- Establish and maintain on-going client relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems.
- Participate in site visits.
- Support other business development team members in the compilation of Out of Scopes.
- Participate in activities needed to support the management functions of the team.
- Identify leads and potential new business opportunities through researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Resolving both internal and external priorities.
- Protect the organization’s value by maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science or other related discipline or associate’s degree and related experience.
- At least five years of experience in petrochemical sales and business development.
- Must have experience supporting the development of proposals to commercial and non-commercial sponsors or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Ideal candidates will have existing contacts in the Oil & Energy market in the northeastern United States, specifically connected to petrochemical plant applications
- Experience will also include direct sales into owner/operator customers, as well as engineering and EPC firms.
- Collaboration Skills
- Territory Management
- Presentation Skills
- Business and Finance acumen
- Deep understanding of the refining and petrochemical industry and market in the area
- Strong negotiation skills
- Organizational Skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow up on business opportunities in a timely manner
- Communication Proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Strong ability to work well within a team organization
- Technical Capacity
- Proven ability to work efficiently with minimal direct supervision
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside of the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- This person frequently communicates with customers, both internal and external. Must be able to clearly exchange accurate information.
- Occasionally moves marketing content and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for various trade shows and other sales, marketing and PR events.
TorcSill Foundations, LLC offers competitive compensation and benefits, 401(k), and provides excellent career growth and development.
This position is important to the overall effective operations of the organization and contributes to the overall achievement of the organization’s established quality objectives. This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.